Aims & Objectives
1) The Ch’an Dao Martial Arts Association is an umbrella institute for preservation and practice of traditional Chinese martial arts.
2) The Ch’an Dao Martial Arts Association preserves and transmits the lineage of Hakka Chinese martial arts associated with the Chan (陳) Clan which has lived for hundreds of years in Banana Village (香蕉村– Herng Jou Chin), in the Sai Kung area of the New Territories, Hong Kong.
3) The CDMAA preserves and transmits Ch’an Buddhism as taught by the great Ch’an Master Xu Yun (1840-1959).
4) The CDMAA preserves and transmits Qian Feng Daoist teachings as taught by the great Daoist Master Zhou Bichen (1860-1942).
5) The CDMAA preserves and transmits Confucian philosophy with regard to the maintaining of order and discipline within the minds of its students, the training hall or area, and society in general.
6) The CDMAA teaches realistic self-defence, but maintains the position that peace is preferred to violence.
7) The CDMAA facilitates the spiritual, psychological, and physical development of its students.
8) The CDMAA does not teach for monetary gain. When a public hall is rented for a lesson, the cost of the rent is split between the students that attend.
9) The CDMAA retains the right to expel any student for gross misconduct and behaviour that brings the CDMAA’s good name into disrepute.
10) The CDMAA does not employ the Japanese coloured belt system for grading, and is not a sporting organisation.
11) The CDMAA acknowledges the following levels of attainment:
f) Lineage Inheritor
Beginner and Intermediate students may attend a CDMAA Certificated ‘Basic Fitness Test’, whilst Advanced and Senior level students may attend an arduous and severe test to acquire a CDMAA Certificate recognising an ‘Assistant Instructor’ or a ‘Full Instructor’.
12) The CDMAA acknowledges Mastery as being of three distinct levels:
a) Master of External Gongfu
b) Master of Internal Taijiquan
c) Master of Integrated Energy
For Information Contact: email@example.com