CDMAA Membership is open to anyone who shares its philosophy, aims and objectives - and when 'at a distance' - remains purely 'symbolic' in nature. This involves - to whatever extent - an 'alignment' between the Member(s) ideas, aspiration and objectives - with those of the CDMAA. Alignment may be 'limited', 'subject to change' and does not imply any direct 'agreement' or 'support' of any CDMAA policies, attitudes or objectives. A 'broad agreement' - momentary or otherwise - is welcomed but not demanded. In all cases, 'freedom of thought' is to be retained - and takes priority.
On occasion, an individual (or group) may feel the need to associate with various organisations that represent a 'doorway' toward self-development. When not an association in person, then Membership must be 'at a distance' and is theoretical in nature. Anyone may make use of the educational material on this site but must seek permission to re-print or re-publish its content in any fashion, unless used for legitimate academic research and is properly referenced. Membership is free and is defined as follows:
1) Application for Membership of the CDMAA requires the following:
a) A photograph.
b) A short biography
c) An email address.
d) A website address (if any)
Email To: email@example.com
2) Any Individual or Institute may apply for Membership of the CDMAA. There are three levels of Membership:
a) Training Hall - local to Sutton (subject to regulation)
b) National - UK outside Sutton (subject to limitation)
c) International - outside the UK (subject to limitation)
3) Any dedicated participant in a CDMAA class may be considered a Training Hall Member.
4) Any established CDMAA student my continue their studies through email and video link (and apply for National and International Membership) status when moving outside of London or the UK.
5) All comfirmed Training Hall Members must possess a CDMAA badge and signed Certificate. Certificates are printed and posted free of charge to each Member. Each certificate contains a water-mark of the Ch'an Dao badge (pictured above) and this serves as the required CDMAA 'badge' for National and International Members.
6) Honorary National and Honorary International Membership is open to practitioners from other styles subject to the following limitations:
DISCLAIMER: Limitation of Membership (unless otherwise stated):
Please be advised that the Ch’an Dao Martial Arts Association (CDMAA):
a) Does not possess the legal (or moral) right to endorse, recognise, or authorise any other individual or group to teach martial arts, or to use the Ch’an Dao logo, or any other copyrighted CDMAA martial arts material for said activity.
b) Does not recognise a modern, coloured belt (or similar) grading system, and does not possess the legal (or moral) right to endorse the bona fide status of any other individual or group training outside of the CDMAA.
c) CDMAA Honorary National and Honorary International Membership does not imply, or otherwise confer CDMAA recognition of any other individual or group. Honorary International Membership is premised entirely upon a ‘voluntary’ association through the pursuit of traditional Chinese martial arts excellence.
d) Use of the Ch’an Dao logo and copyrighted martial arts material is strictly prohibited and subject to the relevant permissions.
e) The CDMAA does participate in any commercial activities, is not a business, and does not endorse any other individual or group that is established as a commercial enterprise.